Wednesday, November 7, 2012

David Rescues His Wives and Other Women

Today I read 1 Samuel 30 where David's wives and many other women were taken captive by the Amalekites.  David prays to God to find out what He would have him do and God tells David to overtake the Amalekites and get the women back.  It is very nice to see people in the scriptures have such a strong relationship with God that aren't priests.  Back in the day most of the people approached God through His priests and you don't read many stories of people talking to God themselves.

In our day and age, we don't need to approach God through anyone.  We are able to pray and receive revelation for ourselves and our immediate family.  That is a comforting thought to me.  I don't know what I would do if I had to rely on someone else to tell me God's will for me.  That would not make me happy or excited at all.  Fortunately though, I live in a time where the Priesthood has been restored and the conduits of Heaven are open for all!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment