Friday, November 16, 2012

David Goes to War

Today I read 2 Samuel 8 where David goes to war and kills many different men from many different countries.  I think i t would be very sad to have lived in those times.  It seems like there was always a war to be had and someone to kill.  I don't know how they could do it.  I guess you eventually become used to it, however would you want to become used to such a thing?

I suppose if the Lord commanded it, such as with Nephi killing Laban I could stomach it then.  However, just being in the army like that and constantly going to war, never knowing if you are going to come back, never knowing why you are going up against a certain people or country except your king told you to, I couldn't do it.  I don't have it in me to blindly hate just because my leader doesn't like someone.  It makes me glad that we live in a time of relative peace.  I would not want to live in a time of war and strife, although I fear that such a time is coming.  Now is indeed the time to prepare.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment