Sunday, November 4, 2012

David Flees to Gath

Today I read 1 Samuel 27 where David goes to the Philistines in the land of Gath, where Goliath was from, to escape Saul.  Personally I don't understand why David did not do this in the first place.  I can understand not wanting to live with your enemies, but why didn't he just go someplace else that Saul would not come after him?  Most likely it was pride, the thought process of this is my home, why should I leave?  But such thoughts will quickly get a person killed.

Of course I do not know what it is like to be hunted by someone else who wants to kill you, especially not a king or person of power.  I would think that like David however, I would not be willing to kill that person to save my own life.  To protect my own family perhaps but I do not think I could kill in cold blood.  I pray that I never have to find out what I am capable of in such circumstances.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment