Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Praising the Lord

Today I read Judges 5 where Deborah praises the Lord for Israel's victory.  Heavenly Father delights in His people praising Him and singing songs.  In Doctrine and Covenants we learn that Hymns are a prayer unto the Lord and are to be treated with respect.  My daughter is two years old and she absolutely loves the Hymns and primary songs.  We sing them to her all the time and on Sunday's during Sacrament meetings she likes to hum along to the music and "sing" the songs with us. 

It is important that we recognize God's hand in all things.  If He has done something to help us, we need to acknowledge it and make sure that we are giving Him the proper credit.  The scriptures state that against none is His wrath kindled except for those who confess not His hand in all things.  We need to make sure we are praising Him for what He has done for us, and thanking Him in both public and private.  It makes you feel good too in my opinion to acknowledge that you couldn't have done something on your own and that you needed His help.  I'm not sure why, but I always feel good about it.  Maybe it's the Spirit.  I'm not sure, but I know that it is a good thing indeed.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment