Saturday, September 8, 2012

Joshua Receives an Inheritance

Today I read Joshua 19 where the rest of the children of Israel are given their inheritance by drawing lots.  At the end of it all, the Israelites give an inheritance to Joshua also.  It is wonderful to see how much the Israelites revere their prophets.  They loved Moses and would have done anything for him and it seems they love Joshua also.  They gave him his own city to live in and inheritance for his family.

I wonder if the reason most people love their prophet is because of the Spirit that they carry around with them?  I remember when I was 15 years old I attended the dedication of the St. Louis, Missouri temple and had the opportunity, however brief, to meet President Hinckley and the man just radiated love and the Spirit.  He put his hand on my shoulder and asked how I was doing.  He waited for an answer too.  I could tell that despite a hundred or so people waiting for him, at that moment in time, I was the most important thing to him.  He waited until I could finally croak out that I was fine.  He then patted me on the shoulder and said that was good and finally moved on.  I have also had the privilege of meeting Elder Neal A. Maxwell, President Dieter F. Utchdorf, Elder Richard G. Scott, and Elder David A. Bednar.  Each of them were full of the Spirit and love.  I was impossible not to be impressed by these men I had seen in General Conference for years, but more so I was impressed by how they just absolutely radiated love and peace.  I'll bet Joshua was the same and that is why the Israelites loved him so much.  I would certainly have reacted that way for any of our Prophets and Apostles.  I'm sure any of you who are LDS would also.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment