Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Judah is Given Inheritance

Today I read Joshua 15 where the land that is given to Judah is laid forth.  Sometimes I think it would be really neat to have lived back then and to have a dedicated land for my people that was all ours.  Of course career choice would be severely limited and all but chosen for me based on my birth.  Not a bad system as long as you are ok doing what your father did and enjoy doing it.  I wonder what recourse they had if they didn't want to do their father's job?  I'm not sure but I'll bet it was not much.  Maybe, because it was all they had known, they didn't even wonder what it would be like to do something else. 

Not that it is ever to be doubted, it is nice that we have so many evidences of God fulfilling His promises.  As I just stated, we should never doubt that He will keep His word, He is God and if He did not, the universe would cease to exist.  But for those skeptics out there, it is really nice to have evidence that God keeps His promises.  He always will too!  Even the ones we would wish He would forget about, such as eternal punishments for those who did not keep His commandments and covenants with Him.  But it will all be fulfilled.  The way to make sure you are not disappointed is to make sure we instead our doing what is right and aligning ourselves with the kind of ultimate reward we want to have.  If ye are prepared ye shall not fear the scriptures say.  Do you doubt it?  I sure don't.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment