Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ephraim Receives Its Inheritance

Today I read Joshua 16 where the tribe of Ephraim is given their inheritance.  It is interesting to me that the tribe of Ephraim was not the largest tribe in the days of Moses and Joshua but now it constitutes the vast majority of the Latter-day Saints.  In later days those members of the tribe of Ephraim must have settled most of modern day Europe as that is where most of America has its ancestry. 

The other tribe that a lot of Latter-day Saints appear to be from is Manasseh.  This is no surprise as we know the Nephites, and Lamanites, were from the tribe of Manasseh.  So any people who have the blood of American Indians in their veins would be from the tribe of Manasseh.  When I was younger I had a hard time reconciling that because Manasseh was one of the ten tribes carried off to become one of the lost ten tribes.  It wasn't until I was much older that I realized it was through the blood of the Lamanites that so many would be from that tribe.  It will be interesting to see where the other tribes have gone.  In this day and age you wouldn't think they would still be lost but I have not heard any evidence of Latter-day Saints being named of other tribes so in a sense they are in fact still lost.  Heavenly Father will reveal it when we are ready I am sure.  Until then we just have to be patient.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment