Monday, December 2, 2013

Jerusalem Will Be Destroyed Because of Idol Worship

Today I read Ezekiel 7 where the Lord tells Ezekiel about the destruction of Jerusalem and its inhabitants.  Part of the reason they were going to be destroyed is their fixation on idolatry.  I can understand that putting other gods before God is easy to do, we do it all the time here in modern times too, but what always baffles me is making idols.  Why would you care so much about worshiping a golden calf?  Or any other statue?  It sounds so lame and dumb to me personally.  Maybe because I was reared in the church so I know better.  Maybe it sounds really wonderful to other people, but I really can't imagine why.  It sounds so foreign to me.  Oh well, I don't have to worry about that in myself, I just have to make sure I am not putting other gods before Him.  And that I am focused on what I should be doing!  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment