Friday, December 20, 2013

Ezekiel's Wife Dies as a Sign

Today I read Ezekiel 24 and the Lord had Ezekiel prophesy about the downfall of Jerusalem.  For a sign the Lord caused Ezekiel's wife to die however, He did not make Ezekiel feel sorrow or cause him to cry as a sign.  As signs go, this one would be fairly effective I feel.  It would be hard not to just lose my mind if I lost my wife, and so if I were not to cry because of it, something would be wrong for sure.  However, I think it is a very tender mercy on the Lord's part that Ezekiel would not feel sorrow at her passing.  I'm not sure how the Lord accomplishes any of the miracles that He does, but this one in particular is miraculous for sure.  I hope if my wife goes before me that the Lord will be similarly merciful to me.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment