Saturday, December 14, 2013

Being a Prophet is Like Being a Parent

Today I read Ezekiel 19 where Ezekiel laments for Israel.  It must be hard to be a prophet.  I think of it as being like a parent.  You want the best for your child but can't force them to be good and so you sit back and have to let them make mistakes.  It is hard to let them run off and do their own thing, but it is the only way they will learn.  God is the same way.  He knows we will make mistakes, but if he does not allow us to make the mistake, then we won't grow.  I have to allow my daughter to learn from her own experiences and she will not grow if I always tell her no, that's not a good idea.  She needs to learn and understand it on her own.  Just like the rest of us, if Heavenly Father doesn't give us the space to grow, we won't become better than we are today.  I understand it is really hard for Him to watch us make such silly mistakes, but it is the only way we will learn and grow.  It's a challenging thing for sure.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment