Friday, February 17, 2012

Earth Not Complete Until Woman was Created

Today I read Genesis 2 where God creates man and woman. This is also the chapter where God institutes the Sabbath and rests from His labors. I have often wondered just how people of Christian faiths, no matter what denomination because Latter-day Saints have been known to do it too, can justify some of the things they do, including failing to keep the Sabbath day holy. I mean, I can understand if you are of another faith entirely or do not believe in God, but how can any Christian make a mockery of God and not keep the Sabbath day holy? Even God took the day off! How can we NOT follow in His footsteps?

But as important as the Sabbath day is, that is not what I wanted to focus on today. I wanted to focus on the fact that God did not declare His work completed until there was man and woman together, not just man. The creation of the woman is what made His work finished. And not just created, but married. It's another situation that if you believe in the Bible and believe in God, I don't know how you would justify being a homosexual. Now, that is all I will say on the matter because this is NOT a post against those who are homosexual. I actually have quite a few friends who practice this and I love them all as friends and as people. I do not condone their lifestyle but I still care for them as people, just as our Father in Heaven does.

The real reason I bring this up is because God not pronouncing His work good or complete until there was a woman and she and the man were married tells me that men and women are not complete until we are together and married. And anyone who is married with a good spouse would agree with me. I would be so much less without my eternal companion and I can't imagine what life would be like without her by my side. For 28 years I was incomplete and I knew it. I felt it, I felt that longing to be with that woman, that daughter of God who would complete me. I tried my best to get along and was able to accomplish some great things on my own, but when I met my wife and later when we went on our first date, I knew I had found the woman who would make me whole.

And she truly has. She completes me in so many ways. Many of the stereotypes are true and the things you hear such as she is my better half, and she is. She is the fairer sex, no contest there. She really runs the family, I'd be lost without her and would not know how to handle my daughter the way she does. She is my life and everything I do is for her and for her well being. Now, I don't want to downplay the love I feel for my daughter and I feel the same way in the sense that I would do almost anything for her and her happiness. But it is a very different type of love that I have for those two females. I cannot help but feel contentment in my life and happiness that Heavenly Father entrusted two of His most precious daughters into my care. I only hope that I am caring for them the way He would if He were here. They are my everything. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment