Monday, December 27, 2010

My Least Favorite Chapter

Today I read Moroni 9, my least favorite chapter in the entire Book of Mormon. I do not like this chapter because this is another epistle of Mormon to his son Moroni and in this chapter Mormon shares the state of his people and what seems to me to vent to Moroni. But it pains my heart to read about such depravity. I can't help but wonder why it was included in the Book of Mormon.

Obviously it was included for a reason, but I have never been able to tell what that reason is because I do not want to ponder on this chapter any more than I absolutely have to. Now, of course there is always the idea of course that this is an example of what not to be like and signs to watch out for when a civilization is nearing a fullness of iniquity. I mean, compared to the Nephites and Lamanites during this time period, we in this day an age are the epitome of righteousness and charity.

This will be my shortest entry ever because I really cannot think of anything to talk about from this chapter and I do not like dwelling on such horrors. Until tomorrow when we can talk of more pleasant things.

No comments:

Post a Comment