Sunday, June 20, 2010

Nephi loves Isaiah

Today I read 2 Nephi 7-8. These are chapters in which Nephi is quoting Isaiah. Nothing in particular really stood out to me in these chapters themselves but it got me thinking. Nephi states at one point that his soul delights in plainness and that he also loves Isaiah. The two thoughts really don't seem to be able to co-exist at all. However, Nephi also mentions later that he has to explain Isaiah to his people because they are not learned in the ways of the Jews.

I am actually one of those folks that certain parts of Isaiah really make sense to me. I don't find it that confusing nor do I get frustrated with it. The Savior in 3 Nephi also recommends to the Nephites that they read the prophecies of Isaiah. I remember when I was a missionary and I read that, it gave me a much greater appreciation for Isaiah and a desire to read it more thoroughly. I mean, if both Nephi and the Savior himself are telling people to read the words of Isaiah, there just might be something to them. However, so far on this read through of the Book of Mormon nothing has really stood out to me. Perhaps in later chapters. Until tomorrow and Happy Father's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment