Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Earth shall be full of the Knowledge of the Lord

Today I read 2 Nephi 18 - 22. I must admit that most of it was a blur. However a verse in chapter 21 stood out to me. It was verse 9 "They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea."

The imagery just leapt up off the page at me. To think that the reason the animals will stop killing one another is because the earth is full of the knowledge of the Lord. I wonder if even the animals will cease to kill one another what will happen to us humans? I mean, as it is 99.9% of the animals only kill to protect or for food, very very unlike us humans who do it for any reason you can think of, and I'm sure for some truly evil people for no reason at all.

I do long for the day when the knowledge of the Lord covers the earth. Think of the good we'll be able to accomplish when all the people of the world turn to worthwhile pursuits instead of the evils of the world or even the worthless of the world. It will be a glorious day indeed. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment