Friday, June 29, 2012

Levites Given Tithes in Lieu of Land for Inheritance

Today I read Numbers 18 which is all about the Israelites and making offerings, their tithes.  It also deals with the fact that the Levites have no land for their inheritance but they receive the tithes that the people bring from their sacrifices.  The Lord truly does take care of His people and those who serve Him.

In our day and age when we pay tithing we are also blessed by the Lord, sometimes in ways we cannot even begin to imagine.  I could name off numerous instances where the Lord has blessed someone I know for paying their tithing.  I personally have never been given money that I needed or found money that I needed, but I have certainly been blessed with people giving us food and in other ways.  The Lord does take care of His people and it is a wonderful thing to rely on the Lord.  It takes faith though, that first time is really scary when you don't know what is going to happen.  But the Lord is always there to catch you.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment