Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Trust of Little Children

Today I read Section 126, a short section where the Lord tells Brigham Young it is no longer needed for him to spread the word as a missionary but that he should take care of his family.
It got me thinking of my own reponsibilities as a husband and a father.

I remember once when I was a teenager after spending a day with my nieces and nephews my mom made the statement that it was a wonderful thing to have the trust of a little children and animals. At the time I did not understand what she meant. But as I've gotten older and wanted little children, especially my own, and hoe they act around people they don't know I understand what she meant.

I don't think anyone who is not a parent can truly understand Heavenly Father's position and what He goes through. I can't even imagine leaving my little girl with someone she doesn't know for even a minute. She would be terrified and extremely upset. It always is heart rending to see her cry. I can only imagine Heavenly Father's anxiety at sending His children down here, especially if He knows they are going to less that wholesome parents.

I agree wholeheartedly that the most important job anyone will ever hold in the list is that of father or mother. The Lord is take a huge chance every time He sends one of His children down to earth to be cared for by someone other then Himself. Let's not give Him any reason to doubt that we will fulfill that responsibility wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment