Monday, April 13, 2015

Do We Treasure the Scriptures Like We Should?

Today I read 1 Nephi 5 and it got me thinking, what must it have been like to live in a world without access to the scriptures?  I can hardly even fathom such a world as that, but truth be told, for most of the history of Christian churches, the general population did not have direct access to the scriptures.  And it seems like in Nephi's time it was also true that the general public did not have access to the scriptures whenever they wanted.  Knowing this makes me feel really bad that I don't treasure my scriptures more, that I take for granted that I have 2 sets of scriptures in the house for me, 2 for my wife and the standard works on my phone and my tablet.  I know I should do a much better job of searching the scriptures and treasuring them up in my heart and in my mind.  It is something I will work on for sure.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment