Monday, March 26, 2012

Joseph Interpret's the Dreams of the Butler and Baker

Today I read Genesis 40 where Joseph interprets the dreams of Pharaoh's butler and baker while they are in prison. This has always been a bit of a strange story to me. I mean, what made the butler and the baker think that their dreams were anything other than dreams? I have always wondered how those people who get dreams from God know that they are more than just dreams. Does the Spirit whisper to them that it's more than just a dream? Because I have weird dreams all the time, I had one just last night. But I have never thought that it was more than just a dream.

What ever the reason, when they woke up the butler and the baker were troubled. I would imagine that they were upset because they could tell it was more than just a normal dream. Joseph, being close to the Spirit and close to God, was able to help them with the interpretation of their dreams. I imagine that felt kind of like giving a blessing. He just knew what to say. Although I think that Joseph was sad at the interpretation of the baker's dream, I imagine that he was pleased to be able to be an instrument in God's hands.

God communicates in a myriad of ways. He has a plan for us and will further that plan in ways that may seem strange to us. We need to be in tune with the Spirit to be able to understand what He has in store for us. One thing for certain is we can always trust Him even if it seems bizarre to us. If we just do as He asks, we will find wonderful things in store for us and it will always be for our benefit. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment