Friday, November 9, 2012

David Learns Saul Has Died

Today I read 2 Samuel 1 where David finds out that Saul has been killed.  David goes into great lamentation and has the Amalekite who claims to have killed Saul slain.  It is interesting to see David mourn for Saul, a man who desired, and tried, to kill him for what at this point is probably most of his life.  He is a true subject to his king and knows that it is wrong to lift his hand against the Lord's anointed.  The statement of what the Lord has joined let no man sunder certainly applies to more than just marriage.

It gives me great hope for our day.  As a nation we have just re-elected President Obama and I certainly don't mind saying I'm not happy about it.  However, he is the President of the United States and I will support him as best I can as an everyday citizen.  He may not be the Lord's anointed but he is the chosen leader of our people and the Lord would have us be good citizens.  David is a great example of that and of not harming a leader you don't get along with.  We can certainly learn a lot from him.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment