Monday, November 12, 2012

David has Murderers Slain

Today I read 2 Samuel 4 where David continues to reveal his true nature.  Some men snuck into Ish-bosheth, the son of Saul's, house and killed him while he slept.  They then took his head and came over to David's house and showed it to him thinking they would be rewarded.  David reminds them that he had the man who boasted that he killed Saul, killed for slaying the Lord's anointed.  He then has them both slain for killing a righteous man in cold blood.

At first I was a little shocked when I read this chapter, but then as I thought about it, David was following the Law of Moses.  Moses was told by Heavenly Father that if anyone slays another person in cold blood that their blood is required in turn.  An eye for an eye essentially.  So not only was David following the law of Moses, he was also probably personally disgusted with these men who committed murder in his name.  I can understand his reaction, I would have been horrified if I were in his position also.  To have someone killed and expect you to be happy about it would disgust me and be revolting for sure.  I'm glad David was a good man and reacted the same way.  It makes me happy and like he and I have something in common in a good way.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment