Monday, January 20, 2014

Hosea is Chosen by the Lord

Today I read Hosea 1 where the Lord commands Hosea to take a wife and tells him what to name his children as signs.  I've often wondered what it must be like to be a prophet and have open dialog with the Lord like that.  I remember as a missionary my prayers were full of faith and I had a great relationship with God, but I don't remember Him ever talking back to me in the same manner.  God would always respond to me and answer me in various ways.  But I never heard the voice of God.  I honestly think it would freak me out if I was alone and heard a random voice talking to me.  I suppose you would get used to it rather quickly, but at first I would probably jump out of my skin.  I wonder if it was that way for the prophets?  I suspect it was but anything becomes regular if repeated enough so I bet they got used to it pretty quickly.  I want to be that way too, and fortunately it's just a matter of doing what's right and living the Gospel.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment