Friday, September 20, 2013

Heavenly Father Destroys Babylon

Today I read Isaiah 47 where the destruction of Babylon is predicted.  When I was younger and Heavenly Father used to destroy entire civilizations I used to feel very sorry for the people.  I was too young to understand what those people where doing.  Typically they were evil and totally without the Spirit of the Lord.  They were full of iniquity and ripe for destruction to use the words of Nephi.  In the case of the American Indians, or Lamanites as we know they were, some of them were engaging in human sacrifice!  Should we really feel sorry for such people being destroyed by the Spaniards who arrived after Columbus discovered America?  The people of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to rape three men who came into the city for no other reason than they wanted to have sex with them.  Should such a people have any pity from others at their destruction?  I personally don't.  I trust that Heavenly Father, who does not delight in the shedding of blood, would not wantonly kill anyone, let alone an entire civilization.  Always trust Heavenly Father, that's my motto.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment