Sunday, April 7, 2013

Job's Friends Ask Him Questions

Today I read Job 4 where his friends start to ask him questions.  It must have been very frustrating for Job to not even have his best friends believe him when he says that he has done nothing wrong to deserve God's punishments.  I am getting a little ahead of myself as in this chapter all his friends ask him is the question will a mortal man be more righteous than God?  I personally don't understand why his friends would ask him such a question.  I don't think that Job was elevating himself above the level of God.  I think rather that Job was lamenting his loses and who wouldn't in his circumstances.  I mean he lost all of his children.  I would have a hard time remaining good and faithful if I lost all of my children also.  And then to top it off his friends come to "cheer him up".  Poor Job has insult piled on top of injury.  But Job keeps his testimony, as we all should during times of crisis.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment