Sunday, February 10, 2013

What Kind of Life will you Live?

Today I read 2 Chronicles 12 where Rehoboam's reign is described.  When reading about such a man I have to wonder what he will think when he gets to the other side and sees his life reviewed.  Will he be pleased with what he sees?  Which of course makes ME wonder what I will think when I see my life reviewed.  Will I groan and cover my eyes as I see hours of wasted time that could have been used in building up the Kingdom of God?  Or will I be pleased as I see myself give service in the temple, doing my home teaching, giving an honest day's labor to my employer and raising my family in righteousness?  The key is, I don't have to wait until judgement day to know.  I can decide right now where my focus will be and what I want my life to be about.  No one can decide for me, I can choose to follow God or not, the choice is mine and all the subsequent choices that go along with that decision.  And that goes for all of us.  Choose wisely.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment