Friday, January 4, 2013

True Wealth

Today I read 2 Kings 11 which is a history of who killed who and why they killed each other.  It never fails to amaze me how people will do almost anything for wealth and for earthly power.  They will commit murder, incest, steal, and basically every other sin in the book if it will lead them to their desired result.  I suppose it is because they do not have an eternal perspective. 

I work at a job that will never make me wealthy at all, however, it meets my family's needs.  There have been many who have asked me why I work where I do when I have the skills to make so much more money.  My answer to them has always been that I am happy where I am.  I enjoy doing what I do.  I don't have the illusion that I need wealth and material possessions to be happy.  I have a wonderful wife and a wonderful daughter.  I live a gospel oriented life.  I visit my family a couple of times a year.  That to me is true wealth and happiness.  What else do I need?  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment