Thursday, December 27, 2012

Elisha Sought Out by the Kings

Today I read 2 Kings 3 where Elisha is asked by Jehoram if he will be successful in going to war against the Moabites.  I can certainly understand the idea of asking the prophet if your efforts in warfare will be successful or not.  It would be a very large temptation for sure to have someone whom God will speak to on your behalf. 

It is a shame that the people in these scripture stories don't actually use the prophets for something good and to know how they can best serve the people.  But not everyone is concerned about others like they should be.  Even in our age it is a fading principle.  I mean, how many people around the world, or even in our own country, could we have fed for the amount of money we spent on Christmas presents?  And I am not innocent of this either, I could do more for those around me.  And in our time, we don't have to ask our prophets what we should do, we have a conference every 6 months where we are told exactly what God would have us do!  It's wonderful.  Now if we could only follow it and do what they say.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment