Monday, June 18, 2012

The Princes of Israel Make and Offering

Today I read Numbers 7 and quite honestly my first thought when I read this chapter is that this book, the book of Numbers, is aptly named!  This entire chapter save for a few verses catalogs the offerings of the Princes of Israel.  In all honesty, it is quite tedious.  Now, that is how I feel about it personally.  From a historical standpoint, this chapter is probably a gold mine so I don't want people getting the wrong idea that I think this chapter is worthless, it is not.

The last verse of this chapter however is of substance.  In the final verse of this chapter the Lord speaks to Moses out of the mercy seat.  I find this interesting because it tells us once again that Moses was called of God and received instructions from our Heavenly Father.  He was called of God, just like Joseph Smith and every other modern prophet in this dispensation.  Moses had a very hard task and was led of God to make sure he performed it properly and to help him.  I'm sure Moses' task was extremely daunting.  Heavenly Father is very caring and loving and does not leave His children alone in their hour of need.  That is very comforting to me.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment